Everyone’s talking about mobile email right now, but with all the talk, it can be hard to know where to start. Never fear – we’ve got five easy tweaks you can make to your next email campaign to ensure it looks great on screens big and small.
- Shorten your header. A simplified header that’s 50-100 pixels in height looks just right on a mobile device.
- Enlarge your text and buttons. Body copy should be about 14 pt and buttons should be 45 pixels. That keeps everything fingertip friendly.
- Choose your images wisely. Bold images with a single focus render great on mobile devices.
- Think about the next step. Make sure you’re linking to mobile-friendly sites. You don’t want to create dead ends for your email readers.
- Streamline your layout. A single-column layout works best for mobile. If you like two column layouts, just use a responsive template in your Rocketmailer account! You can have your sidebar on desktop views and we’ll automatically create a single-column layout for folks who read it on mobile.
Why does mobile design matter? Here are just a few statistics to mull over:
- 43% of all email gets opened on a mobile device
- Mobile opens are up 330% in just the past two years
- By 2017, 78% of email will be opened on a mobile device
Let us know if you have any questions, and we’ll gladly assist.