The one question that business owners should not be asking anymore is “Why do I need a mobile site”. Unless of course if you are not concerned about losing out on a growing number of new customers and revenue every day.
The stats and facts showing ever increasing mobile usage and purchase decisions related to mobile is undeniable, but just thinking about your own personal mobile usage and behavior should supply ample proof that no mobile site equates to lost business.
More than 90% of visitors abandon websites not optimized for mobile. Combined with the following stats and facts it simply means that you are not really open for business without a mobile website.
South African stats:
- Mobile penetration has reached 128% in South Africa and there are more active SIM cards than there are people in this country.
- The average South African internet user consumes 6.2 hours of media daily, using their mobile devices more than 30% of the time.
- 80% of South Africa’s internet users are using only their mobile phone to access the internet, with 14% using both mobile phone and ﬁxed broadband.
- South Africa ranks 5th in the world for mobile data usage.
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet of which 4 billion own mobile phones.
- Mobile phones outnumber PC’s at a ratio of 5 to 1.
- 73 percent of smartphone users say they used the mobile web to make a purchase instead of using an app.
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action.
- 74% of people use their mobile phone to help them while shopping, with 79% of these making a purchase as a result.
- 95% of smartphone users have used their phone to search local business information. After doing so, 61% called and 59% visited.
If not yet thinking mobile, the time has surely arrived for you to start taking full advantage of mobile as a growing source of new customers and revenue. Not doing so will undoubtedly be a decision you will regret.